Video: Man dies after incident with police at Okla. theater
Police say suspect became uncooperative when officers questioned him about a possible domestic disturbance
OKLAHOMA CITY — The family of a man who died outside an Oklahoma movie theater during an incident with police has released a cellphone video of the incident.
The video shows 44-year-old Luis Rodriguez on his stomach on the ground outside a Moore theater with five police officers restraining him. One officer holds Rodriguez's head down and the others are on top of him as they handcuff his hands behind his back.
Rodriguez's wife, who shot the video, is later heard screaming and asking if Rodriguez is dead as he is placed on a stretcher.
Police say Rodriguez became uncooperative when officers questioned him about a possible domestic disturbance. Autopsy results are pending.
Police say three officers involved in the incident are on administrative leave. The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation is investigating.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform