5 arrested in Detroit police chief death threat search
The person suspected of making the threat via Instagram is still being sought
By Gina Damron
Detroit Free Press
DETROIT — Police Chief James Craig said arrests have been made following a death threat made against him.
Craig said five people were arrested Monday on unrelated charges. He said police are investigating anyone who may have a connection to the threat.
An FBI spokesman confirmed Monday that the agency is also investigating the case. Craig said police "are still searching for the specific threat attached to an Instagram message."
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms