Video: 'RoboCop' throws 1st pitch at Detroit Tigers game
RoboCop threw out the first pitch at Comerica Park on Tuesday evening as the Tigers hosted the Toronto Blue Jays
DETROIT — Everybody's favorite fictional crime-fighting cyborg has made an appearance at a Detroit Tigers game.
RoboCop threw out the first pitch at Comerica Park on Tuesday evening as the Tigers hosted the Toronto Blue Jays. An announcement said RoboCop's motorcycle was on display at the stadium and the first 10,000 fans were getting a RoboCop cheer card after getting inside.
It's part of "RoboCop Day" in honor of the DVD release of this year's "RoboCop" remake.
An announcement was to be made Tuesday about a RoboCop statue that's expected to be installed in Detroit this year, but that event and a police meet-and-greet were cancelled.
A movement for the statue started in 2011 after a social networking campaign.
The 1980s science fiction movie was set in a futuristic and crime-ridden Detroit.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house