Video: SFPD motorcycle unit trains with dirtbikes
The SFPD Honda unit gives the course on how to patrol areas that are inaccessible to police vehicles
SAN FRANCISCO — In this intense two week motorcycle training course, outside police agencies frequently request the SFPD Honda Unit (SFPD’s dirt bike unit) to train their dirt bike/ dual sport motorcycle officers.
The SFPD Honda unit gives the course on how to patrol areas that are inaccessible to police vehicles. They start off with a basic cones course where they teach them how to ride slowly and balance the motorcycle. During the cones course training, each day gets and bit tougher and tougher.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house