$5.5 million in ecstasy, pot seized at N.Y. border bridge
By Dan Herbeck
The Buffalo News, NY
Drugs with an estimated street-sale value of $5.5 million were seized Thursday from a truck that was hauling steel plating over the Peace Bridge into the United States, federal officials said.
Sixty pounds of the club drug Ecstasy and 1,136 pounds of hydroponic marijuana were found in large trash bags and vacuum-sealed plastic bags hidden among the legitimate freight, U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests