Drug agents seize $42 million worth of Manhattan-bound cocaine
The Associated Press
Drug agents have seized 1,045 pounds (470 kilograms) of New York City-bound cocaine valued at $42 million (euro31.5 million) and arrested six men on drug trafficking charges.
The shipment, destined for New York City distribution, was in a tractor trailer with Georgia license plates, she said.
The six defendants, five of them Texas residents and one from Manhattan, are being held by New Jersey authorities pending extradition, Special Narcotics prosecutor Bridget G. Brennan said.
Authorities identified those arrested as Nahum Goigochea, 35, of Manhattan; Juan D. Ybarra, 46, and John K. Ybarra, 26, both of La Villa, Texas; Hector Arcinaga, 23, of Donna, Texas; Guadalupe De La Rosa, 55, of San Antonio, Texas; and Baldemar Ortegon, 36, of Edcouca, Texas.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy