Sting yields two arrests, 150 pounds of cocaine in Fla.
By Michael A. Mohammed
St. Petersburg Times
Tampa police arrested two men with about 150 pounds of cocaine in an undercover operation Monday.
Jose Bernardo Garcia, who uses the alias "El Loco," organized a plan to transport the drug from Brownsville, Texas, to Tampa, jail records state. He was held on $3-million bail on charges of conspiracy to traffic cocaine and importation of cocaine into Florida.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds