Texas: High-speed chase ends in crash, $60K of cocaine discovered
By Paul S. Martinez
The Beaumont Enterprise
A routine traffic stop Monday turned into a high-speed chase that ended with an accident and confiscation of more than $60,000 worth of cocaine, Beaumont police said.
A Beaumont police officer tried to stop a 2007 Nissan Altima going east on Interstate 10 near mile marker 850 at about 12:52 a.m. for speeding and a lane change violation, according to police reports.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman