Neb. trooper seizes 950 pounds of pot
The Associated Press
The seizure occurred Sunday in Cass County on eastbound I-80, west of the Platte River Bridge.
The Nebraska State Patrol said a state trooper stopped a 2007 Chevy Suburban for a license plate violation. The patrol said a search of the vehicle revealed the marijuana. The trooper said the marijuana was covered by a dark sheet and luggage in the cargo and backseat area of the vehicle.
The vehicle was believed to be headed from Arizona to Omaha. A 49-year-old man and 38-year-old woman, both from Phoenix, were arrested on a charge of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute..
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court