Calif. officer bitten by suspect trying to swallow drugs
By Doane Yawger
The Merced Sun-Star
MERCED, Calif. — While arresting a Merced man on suspicion of drug charges early Tuesday, a police officer was bitten on the hand. In a separate incident, a man was apprehended on suspicion of selling cocaine and methamphetamine late Monday night.
Cmdr. Tom Martin of the Merced Police Department said Darren Thurman, 42, of Merced was arrested at 12:11 a.m. Tuesday at 98 E. 12th St. after he reportedly bit Officer Kalvin Haygood during a scuffle.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police