N.C. police seize over 350 pounds of cocaine and pot
By Anne Blythe
The News & Observer
DURHAM, N.C. — A traffic stop on Fayetteville Street on Friday led to the seizure of more than 200 pounds of cocaine and 150 pounds of marijuana - a drug bust that Durham police heralded as one of the department's largest.
"It is very big," said Chief Steve Chalmers. "This really speaks to our commitment to deal with interstate trafficking and — really — make our community safe."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help