Northwest border agents find $5.2 million in Ecstasy in truck
By BRAD WONG
OROVILLE, Wash. — U.S. border guards uncovered more than $5.2 million worth of Ecstasy inside a container truck's doors Friday, marking one of the largest Northwest drug discoveries of its kind in recent years, a federal spokesman said.
The discovery of 182 pounds of the drug occurred at the border crossing on U.S. Route 97 near Oroville, said Mike Milne, a U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokesman.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court