Ex-top La. cop who sold crack gets 7 yrs. in prison, probation
By Matt Scallan, River Parishes bureau
Times-Picayune (New Orleans)
Former Lutcher Police Chief Corey Pittman, who pleaded guilty to selling crack cocaine while in office, was sentenced Wednesday to more than seven years in prison and three years of supervised probation, according to U.S. Attorney Jim Letten.
U.S. District Court Judge Ginger Berrigan sentenced Pittman to 92 months in prison. He pleaded guilty in December to selling 56.1 grams of crack cocaine to undercover officers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police