Traffic stop in Colo. nets 177 pounds of marijuana
The Associated Press
FORT MORGAN, Colo. — Two Phoenix residents are on immigration hold in Colorado's Morgan County Jail after troopers reported finding several bails of marijuana.
The bust happened yesterday morning along eastbound Interstate 76.
Authorities say 26-year-old Roberto Baraza-Felix and 22-year-old Erica Anna Duran were pulled over for having illegal window tint, but neither one was the registered vehicle owner - or knew who that person was.
While troopers were writing a citation, the driver escaped on foot. Authorities captured the suspect about a mile away.
A K-9 unit from the Fort Morgan Police Department responded, and the dog alerted to the trunk.
Trooper found eight bales - or 177 pounds - of marijuana.
Baraza-Felix and Duran both face felony drug possession charges
Also in the news this week ...Ohio police find two pounds of crack in motel fridge
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court