Traffic stop in Houston leads to two car drug bust
A routine traffic stop Saturday along Interstate 75 led to the arrest of nine people on drug charges.
A second motorist pulled up to see why his friends had been stopped and deputies asked to search that vehicle in light of drugs having been found in the other, Franklin said.
In all, about $250,000 worth of cocaine in small plastic bags was discovered in both vehicles, along with small amounts of marijuana, said Franklin, a narcotics investigator.
Though not a big drug bust, Franklin said, "It was a good little pop." The investigator said it was clear from the size of bags and scales seized that the men, members of the same construction crew, were dealing drugs.
All were charged with possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, Franklin said.
The men were identified by police as Eric Nealy, 36, Horace Hobbs, 19, Leon Thomas, 28, Johnnie Green, 32, Tony Collins, 39, Joseph Walker, 36, all of Quincy, Fla.; Kenneth Bonine, 40, and Theo Young, 39, of Grand Ridge, Fla.; and Albert Fisher, 18, of Tallahassee, Fla.
Macon Telegraph (http://www.macon.com/)
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house