Shots fired, Mass. officers dragged during drug arrest
The Associated Press
DANVERS, Mass. — A Middleton man has been ordered held without bail in connection with an an incident that sent shoppers outside a Lowe’s Home Improvement store in Danvers scrambling for cover last night.
Police say detectives tried to arrest Scioli on drug charges after he pulled into the store’s parking lot in an SUV. But police say the suspect suddenly accelerated, dragging two of the detectives with the vehicle.
The detectives opened fire, but no one was hit. The detectives were treated for minor injuries after the incident.
The charges against Scioli include attempted murder, assault and battery and drug possession.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms