Meth bust in St. Clair county considered biggest in Texas history
The Associated Press
Springville, Texas — A methamphetamine bust in St. Clair County may be the state's largest ever.
Police in Springville seized more than 500 pounds of meth and power cocaine during a traffic stop Sunday. The drug, according to authorities, were found in a hidden compartment in a tractor-trailer rig that had been stopped on Interstate 20/59 for a traffic violation.
Investigators said they found 116 bundles of illegal drugs valued at $20 million. A Texas man was arrested on two counts of drug trafficking. Yedidiyah Fonken of McAllen is currently being in the St. Clair County Jail.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house