Memphis police make major drug bust
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Twelve gang members have been arrested in a major drug bust involving the seizure of marijuana, cocaine, illegal weapons and $1 million in cash, authorities said this morning.
He said the 12 arrested included gang members of the Vice Lords, the Gangster Disciples and the Almighty Latin Kings. Ten of the 12 are in custody.
The multi-agency investigation was the culmination of several months of work and ranks as "one of the biggest busts in the history of the city," said Memphis Police Director Larry Godwin.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Memphis police make major drug bust
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds