U.S. customs nab submarine with millions worth of cocaine
The Associated Press
MEXICO CITY — U.S. officials say they seized a submarine-like vessel packed with hundreds of millions of dollars worth of cocaine off the Guatemalan coast.
The Border Patrol says when the suspects realized they had been noticed, they tried to sink the ship, crammed with about five and a half tons of cocaine. The Coast Guard got to them first.
Several drug-smuggling subs operated by Colombian drug cartels have been discovered in recent years.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy