U.S. customs nab submarine with millions worth of cocaine
The Associated Press
MEXICO CITY — U.S. officials say they seized a submarine-like vessel packed with hundreds of millions of dollars worth of cocaine off the Guatemalan coast.
The Border Patrol says when the suspects realized they had been noticed, they tried to sink the ship, crammed with about five and a half tons of cocaine. The Coast Guard got to them first.
Several drug-smuggling subs operated by Colombian drug cartels have been discovered in recent years.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help