Texas officers find large pot field, guns and ammo
By Richard Abshire
The Dallas Morning News
COLLIN COUNTY, Texas — Texas Department of Public Safety narcotics officers and local police seized 1,095 marijuana plants and 10 pounds of marijuana ready for sale Wednesday morning on a secluded plot west of State Highway 205 and just north of the Rockwall-Collin county line. Officers also recovered assault rifles and ammunition at the Collin County site, which is about half a mile north of the Rockwall city limit and just south of the San Martino Winery and Vinyards.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help