Car switch tips Chicago unit to massive drug bust
Bust nets $1 million in drugs, $378,000 in cash
By Josh Noel
The Chicago Tribune
CHICAGO — One of the year's largest drug busts in Chicago, netting more than $1 million in cocaine and marijuana, came together for police in less than a day, officials said Sunday.
With the result spread across several tables -- more than 40 resealable bags bulging with marijuana, five bricks and several bags of cocaine, and more than $378,000 in cash -- Lt. Eric Carter of the narcotics and gang investigation unit said the arrest began about 8 p.m. Friday when police saw Oswaldo Sanchez, 25, switching cars with a group of men.
Car switching is a common practice during large drug deals, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms