Tenn. officer run down by drug suspect
The Commercial Appeal
Copyright 2006 The Commercial Appeal, Inc.
A Memphis police officer was injured when he was run over and dragged by a suspect fleeing a drug bust Tuesday in North Memphis.
Shortly before 7 p.m., the officer and his partner approached a 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe in front of the Chelsea Express in the 2000 block of Chelsea near University, said police spokesman Sgt. Vince Higgins.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Tenn. officer run down by drug suspect
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Alaska police fatally shoot armed man holding hostages
- PD removes 'Blue Lives Matter,' Punisher car decals after criticism
- Police: Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower
- Report: Hiring standards may be lowered to meet Border Patrol staffing goal
- Retired CHP sergeant dies while protecting friend from robber