Two Md. officers shoot at drug suspect after one is dragged
The Associated Press
Marriottsville, MD- Howard County police say two officers fired at a drug suspect who dragged one of the officers with his vehicle early this morning.
The suspect - identified as 36-year-old Robert Brown of Frederick - was later captured in Ellicott City. He sustained at least one gunshot wound and was taken to Shock Trauma, where he was in serious but stable condition this afternoon.
That's when Brown jumped in his car to flee. The officer was dragged about 50 yards before he was able to free himself.
Meanwhile, another officer responded and opened fire as Brown drove away.
Brown turned around and sped his car toward the officers, and both opened fire. He then led police on a chase lasting about 20 minutes before he was caught and arrested.
The officer who was dragged was treated at Howard County General Hospital and released this morning.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house