Philly police seize $1.4 mil. in drugs, including 'AK47' weed
By Barbara Boyer
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — A potent type of marijuana known as AK47 - so strong that some users have been treated in emergency rooms for overdoses - has hit the Philadelphia area.
Yesterday, police laid out 16 pounds of the drug they said they confiscated from an alleged high-level dealer who supplied the suburbs: Michael Cascioli, 31, of the 6100 block of City Avenue. He was arrested Monday in his penthouse suite and charged with multiple drug offenses.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help