Calif. police nab $1 mil in drugs
By John Coté
The San Francisco Chronicle
SAN JOSE, Calif. — State and federal agents arrested five people and seized an estimated $1 million in methamphetamine and other drugs during a series of raids across Northern California, authorities said Friday.
The raids in Menlo Park, San Jose, Modesto and other cities Thursday were the culmination of an 18-month investigation, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration said. The raids netted 23 pounds of methamphetamine, 9 kilograms of cocaine, a shotgun, about $500,000 in cash and five vehicles, including a 1967 Corvette and a 2007 Cadillac Escalade, the DEA said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. police nab $1 mil in drugs
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms