Utah police seize 400 lbs. of exotic drug "khat"
By Ben Winslow and Pat Reavy
Deseret Morning News
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah — The dozens of bags of dried green and tan leaves filled the evidence room at the Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office, giving off a foul odor.
Police seized more than 400 pounds of an exotic, African-based drug called "khat," which has been sweeping across the United States and is now in Utah.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Utah police seize 400 lbs. of exotic drug "khat"
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help