Utah police seize 400 lbs. of exotic drug "khat"
By Ben Winslow and Pat Reavy
Deseret Morning News
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah — The dozens of bags of dried green and tan leaves filled the evidence room at the Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office, giving off a foul odor.
Police seized more than 400 pounds of an exotic, African-based drug called "khat," which has been sweeping across the United States and is now in Utah.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Utah police seize 400 lbs. of exotic drug "khat"
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house