Tenn drug unit faces cuts
By Ryan Harris
The Chattanooga Times Free Press
Members of regional drug interdiction teams said they fear their task forces could disband if funding isn't restored to a federal grant program.
President Bush hasn't requested any funding this year for the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant, which is the financial backbone for many area drug interdiction teams, officials said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Tenn drug unit faces cuts
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds