7-month drug sting nets 95 in Chicago suburbs
By Mary Ann Fergus
COOK COUNTY, Ill. — A seven-month sting operation by the Cook County sheriff's police and south suburban law enforcement officers led to the arrest of 95 dealers and customers, nearly all gang members, officials said Sunday.
Operation Day Shift focused on about 75 daytime drug sales in Chicago Heights, Ford Heights and Hazel Crest.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 7-month drug sting nets 95 in Chicago suburbs
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police