NYPD wants more drug field testing
By Rocco Parascandola
NEW YORK — The NYPD wants more narcotics cops to learn how to field- test the heroin, cocaine and marijuana they seize, Newsday has learned.
The tests - to confirm a narcotic is what police suspect and enable a case to be brought — have been conducted for years by officers in the borough narcotics units. But under terms of a new pilot program, field-testing is being expanded to the precinct Street Narcotics Enforcement units in Brooklyn. Other boroughs will be brought aboard if the pilot is successful, police sources said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NYPD wants more drug field testing
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy