Chicago PD launches new gang unit
4 officers in Chicago's gang and drug unit are charged in felony corruption investigation
3 officers charged in Chicago police corruption investigation
Feds join probe of elite Chicago police unit
Chicago cop says 'police encouraged to lie'
By David Heinzmann
CHICAGO — A year after disbanding the scandal-plagued Special Operations Section, Chicago Police Supt. Jody Weis is launching a similar unit to fight gangs, according to a draft copy of an internal police memo obtained by the Tribune.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Chicago PD launches new gang unit
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house