Man sues police for $10 million over planted drug evidence
Norval Falconer has filed a lawsuit against certain members of the New Haven police department for $10 million, claiming political pressure led to his arrest and incarceration two years ago by corrupt detectives. (AP Photo)
By Edmund H. Mahony
NEW HAVEN — A New Haven man is suing the city for $10 million, claiming political pressure to crack down on drug dealing led to his arrest and incarceration two years ago by corrupt detectives who planted drugs in an apartment he was visiting.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic