S.F. police cracking down on marijuana grow houses
By Justin Berton
San Francisco Chronicle
SAN FRANCISCO — The influx of marijuana grow houses in the Sunset District is a "serious public safety issue," San Francisco Police Chief George Gascón said Wednesday as officials trumpeted the department's 36 raids in the residential neighborhood since January.
The crackdown is not directed at marijuana usage, Gascón said, but at "the level of danger associated with these homes" for people who live around them.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman