S.F. police cracking down on marijuana grow houses
By Justin Berton
San Francisco Chronicle
SAN FRANCISCO — The influx of marijuana grow houses in the Sunset District is a "serious public safety issue," San Francisco Police Chief George Gascón said Wednesday as officials trumpeted the department's 36 raids in the residential neighborhood since January.
The crackdown is not directed at marijuana usage, Gascón said, but at "the level of danger associated with these homes" for people who live around them.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help