Ga. police say gangs preying on Mexican cartels
By Andria Simmons
GWINNETT, Ga. — Mexican drug trafficking organizations --- with their large stashes of narcotics and cash --- are becoming an enticing robbery target for criminal street gangs, according to gang investigators from throughout Georgia.
A string of recent drug ripoffs are causing cartels to arm themselves heavily, which could prove dangerous for law enforcement officers, said John Houston, supervisory special agent for the FBI Atlanta Division.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ga. police say gangs preying on Mexican cartels
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds