Fla. officers bust narcotics operation with Mexican ties
Officers arrested 21 suspects and confiscated 150 lbs of cocaine and meth
LAKELAND, Fla. — Months of wire taps, surveillance stakeouts and the most ingenious detective methods possible have paid off with the dissolution of a narcotics ring with ties to deadly Mexican drug cartels, Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said Wednesday.
The Sheriff's Office announced its arrests of 21 suspects, along with the confiscation of more than 150 pounds of cocaine and nearly pure methamphetamine, 15 vehicles and $533,450 in cash.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help