Fla. officers bust narcotics operation with Mexican ties
Officers arrested 21 suspects and confiscated 150 lbs of cocaine and meth
LAKELAND, Fla. — Months of wire taps, surveillance stakeouts and the most ingenious detective methods possible have paid off with the dissolution of a narcotics ring with ties to deadly Mexican drug cartels, Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said Wednesday.
The Sheriff's Office announced its arrests of 21 suspects, along with the confiscation of more than 150 pounds of cocaine and nearly pure methamphetamine, 15 vehicles and $533,450 in cash.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman