NY cops nab drug dealers after text message
Message for buyer gets sent to task force agent by mistake
The Associated Press
PINE PLAINS, N.Y. — An errant text message is costing three New York drug-dealing suspects dearly.
Police say the suspects made a mistake when trying to text a potential buyer and instead reached a task force agent in Dutchess County, about 50 miles north of New York City.
The three were arrested after arranging a meeting with the agent, who pretended to be the buyer.
Police say they recovered 60 bags of heroin. Task force Sgt. Brett Orlich says, "Their bad luck is our good luck."
The three are due in town court in Pine Plains on Wednesday to face felony charges of criminal possession of a controlled substance.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Special Operations
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman