NY cops nab drug dealers after text message
Message for buyer gets sent to task force agent by mistake
The Associated Press
PINE PLAINS, N.Y. — An errant text message is costing three New York drug-dealing suspects dearly.
Police say the suspects made a mistake when trying to text a potential buyer and instead reached a task force agent in Dutchess County, about 50 miles north of New York City.
The three were arrested after arranging a meeting with the agent, who pretended to be the buyer.
Police say they recovered 60 bags of heroin. Task force Sgt. Brett Orlich says, "Their bad luck is our good luck."
The three are due in town court in Pine Plains on Wednesday to face felony charges of criminal possession of a controlled substance.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help