New chief in rural Pa. to focus on fight against drugs
Promoted from Corporal, Chief Brad Shepler is a 22-year veteran selected to lead Jeannette PD's 13-member force
By Paul Paterra
JEANETTE, Pa. — Chief Brad Shepler vows to involve his colleagues in the operation of the Jeannette Police Department.
Shepler, a 22-year veteran of the department, was sworn in as chief yesterday morning by Mayor Robert Carter in front of many of those officers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help