40 arrested in Philly drug raids
$45K worth of crack cocaine seized alone
By Robert Moran
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — Police arrested 40 suspected drug dealers and seized $121,000 in cash, $60,000 in narcotics, and 13 guns during a crackdown in West and Southwest Philadelphia on Thursday, a police commander said.
Officers served 40 search warrants, many along the Market Street corridor in West Philadelphia, starting at 6 a.m. and winding down late in the afternoon, Capt. James Kelly of Narcotics South said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 40 arrested in Philly drug raids
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms