Ex-SC officer who fought with police charged again while intoxicated
Lost her job after a Christmas Eve car chase in which she 'overwhelmingly' smelled of alcohol
By Glenn Smith
The Post and Courier
SUMMERVILLE, S.C. — Former North Charleston police officer Christine Phinney faces a public intoxication charge after she was spotted stumbling in traffic early Monday on Central Avenue, authorities said.
Phinney, who lost her job after a Christmas Eve car chase, "overwhelmingly" smelled of alcohol, slurred her words and had trouble standing when she was stopped by police around 12:30 a.m., according to a police report.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms