Cop saves man from heroin overdose
Saved the life of a 19-year-old man by administering cardio-cerebral resuscitation before EMS could respond
By Bill Novak
The Capital Times
MADISON, Wis. — A Madison police officer is being credited with saving the life of a 19-year-old McFarland man who had overdosed on heroin by administering cardio-cerebral resuscitation to the man who had no pulse and wasn't breathing.
The incident happened at about 4 p.m. Wednesday in a parking lot in the 1000 block of East Washington Avenue, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Cop saves man from heroin overdose
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic