Ariz. cop dies during drug bust
Officer Carlos Ledesma is survived by his wife and two children
Duty Death: Carlos Ledesma - [Chandler, Arizona]
PHOENIX — Police Officer Carlos Ledesma was shot and killed while conducting an undercover buy-and-bust operation in Phoenix.
Officer Ledesma was working an undercover operation with several other officers. His team was to purchase a large quantity of marijuana. The officers arrived to make the purchase with over $100,000 in cash. As the transaction was taking place, the suspects may have attempted to rob the officers, and a shootout ensued. Officer Ledesma was mortally wounded, and two other officers suffered gunshot wounds.
Two suspects were shot and killed by the officers, and six other suspects were taken into custody.
Officer Ledesma is survived by his wife and two children.
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert