Canadian man pleads guilty to smuggling a ton of pot
Andre Picard admitted to bringing marijuana across the border in a hidden compartment in his tractor-trailer
By Judy Harrison
Bangor Daily News
BANGOR, Maine — A Canadian man pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court to smuggling and distributing more than a ton of marijuana from the fall of 2005 until at least March 2007.
A sentencing date for Andre Picard, 49, of Riceville, New Brunswick, has not been set.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Border Patrol
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman