Chicago cop still chasing bad guys at 80
A new chief with a storied past has set his sights on drug dealers
By Mark J. Konkol
CHICAGO — Art Bilek is the oldest crime fighter still on the case in Chicago.
Ask him about catching bad guys and he'll rattle off details of decades-old investigations — the exact address of long-gone betting parlors and the color of a dead girl's shoes.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Chicago cop still chasing bad guys at 80
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds