Chicago cop still chasing bad guys at 80
A new chief with a storied past has set his sights on drug dealers
By Mark J. Konkol
CHICAGO — Art Bilek is the oldest crime fighter still on the case in Chicago.
Ask him about catching bad guys and he'll rattle off details of decades-old investigations — the exact address of long-gone betting parlors and the color of a dead girl's shoes.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Chicago cop still chasing bad guys at 80
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help