NC gang files complaint against city cops
The Latin Kings street gang says the department's gang unit has repeatedly harassed them
By Ryan Seals
Greensboro News & Record
GREENSBORO — Local leaders of the Latin Kings street gang have filed a federal civil rights complaint against the Greensboro police, alleging repeated harassment by the department's gang unit.
Jorge Cornell, the local leader of the Latin Kings, and attorneys from the Southern Coalition for Social Justice, accuse the department of violating the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The act prohibits discrimination based on race, color and national origin by any program that receives federal money.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NC gang files complaint against city cops
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman