Teachers find crack in Boston preschooler's shoe
The girl said her mother had put "candy" inside her sneaker
BOSTON — After a 3-year-old Boston girl complained that her foot hurt, her preschool teacher took off her sneaker and found 17 small plastic bags containing crack cocaine.
Police say teachers at the Walnut Grove preschool were adjusting the girl's sneaker Monday when they found the individually wrapped bags of crack.
The teachers told police the girl said her mother had put "candy" inside her sneaker.
But the girl's mother told police she knew nothing about the drugs. Police arrested 19-year-old Demare Gary, a friend of the mother's, after he allegedly told police the crack was his.
The mother was not arrested, but police said the investigation is continuing. Gary's attorney, Lauren Redmond, was in court and couldn't immediately comment.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman