Ga. police raid one of largest meth labs in nation
Local and federal law enforcement officers seized 984 pounds of methamphetamine from the 'superlab' worth an estimated $44 million
By Andria Simmons
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
NORCROSS, Ga. — When self-described "nosy neighbor" Cosetta Campbell stepped outside to investigate police activity near her home in Norcross on Monday evening, even she never suspected what was afoot.
Officers were raiding what would turn out to be one of the largest methamphetamine labs in the nation just a few houses down from Campbell, in an otherwise quiet crook of Newbury Road. Local and federal law enforcement officers carted away 984 pounds of methamphetamine worth an estimated $44 million. The slate gray two-story house in question had been unoccupied since 2008, and no one had been seen coming or going in months, Campbell said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Border Patrol
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds