Video: Utah cop shoots, kills golf-club wielding man
The Salt Lake Tribune has released the graphic video to "show the public exactly how the events unfolded"
SALT LAKE CITY — A 45-year-old man was shot and killed during a search warrant in Utah last September.
The Weber-Morgan Narcotics Strike Force had been investigating the house for weeks on suspicion that Todd Blair was a drug dealer. As officers served a search warrant, Blair appeared in the hallway holding a golf club above his head. Ogden Police Sgt. Troy Burnett fired three shots at Blair, killing him.
The man’s family is saying the shooting, which took place seconds after the officers entered the house, was unnecessary. The Salt Lake Tribune has released the video to "show the public exactly how the events unfolded."
In the house they found a small amount of pot and an empty vial that likely contained meth.
“The Weber County Attorney’s Office found the Sept. 16 shooting to be legally justified under Utah Law,” says the Tribune.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help