Man critical after swallowing cocaine during police traffic stop
Dani Davies, Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
The Palm Beach Post
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating at the police's request. Special agent Michael Washam said Thursday evening that the two officers involved acted properly.
According to police, officers Mark Lucas and Gerry Rich tried to stop 36-year-old Ricky Vincent Searcy at 3:33 a.m. after he ran a stop sign at Northwest 11th Avenue and West Atlantic Avenue. With a patrol car in pursuit, Searcy continued to drive, turning west onto Southwest First Street and running another stop sign at Southwest First Street and Southwest 12th Avenue, the report said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic