Man critical after swallowing cocaine during police traffic stop
Dani Davies, Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
The Palm Beach Post
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating at the police's request. Special agent Michael Washam said Thursday evening that the two officers involved acted properly.
According to police, officers Mark Lucas and Gerry Rich tried to stop 36-year-old Ricky Vincent Searcy at 3:33 a.m. after he ran a stop sign at Northwest 11th Avenue and West Atlantic Avenue. With a patrol car in pursuit, Searcy continued to drive, turning west onto Southwest First Street and running another stop sign at Southwest First Street and Southwest 12th Avenue, the report said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help