Drug lab discovery surprises officials: The Big Bear City raid was the largest seizure of synthetic heroin ever made in the U. S., police said.[Big Bear City, CA]
By Raymond Smith
March 25, 2001, Sunday
(Big Bear City, CA) -When detectives broke through the cabin door in Big Bear City, they expected to find marijuana plants. They did not expect Jason Clark Williamson.
Combining knowledge from a couple of college chemistry courses with information from the Internet, Williamson apparently figured out how to manufacture a synthetic heroin so powerful that just touching a pure form of the drug can kill, police say.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy