Police find meth operation in Dartmouth dorm
A graduate student at Dartmouth was charged with attempting to manufacture methampetamine
HANOVER, New Hampshire — A Dartmouth College graduate student has been charged with attempting to manufacture methamphetamine in his off campus apartment.
Police responded to a call of medical emergency at the apartment of 28-year-old Randy Lambreghts on Sunday.
Police say they saw items they suspected were part of a drug making operation. The fire department responded to the scene to help deal with possibly hazardous materials.
The apartment was evacuated, and Lambreghts was taken to a hospital for evaluation.
Authorities obtained a search warrant and seized several items believed to be involved in the manufacture of meth.
Lambreghts was charged with attempted manufacture of the drug and held on $20,000 bail.
Lambreghts is a chemistry student originally from Belgium according to the Dartmouth website.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman