Suspect chokes to death on bag of dope
Cops called off the dangerous pursuit, but it still ended badly for Curtis D. Patterson
By PoliceOne Staff
ALLEGHENY COUNTY, Pa. — A man who had served probation for selling drugs died after apparently choking to death on a bag of marijuana.
Curtis D. Patterson, 40, was found in his vehicle early Sunday, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Allegheny County police Lt. Andy Schurman said his windpipe was blocked with marijuana and a plastic bag that had contained the drug.
Police pulled Patterson over a few hours earlier, sources said, but he fled — striking concrete as he tried to turn onto a bridge at one point during the chase, which cops called off when it appeared to become dangerous.
Patterson was pronounced dead at Allegheny Valley Hospital.
- Suspect Pursuit
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds