Suspect chokes to death on bag of dope
Cops called off the dangerous pursuit, but it still ended badly for Curtis D. Patterson
By PoliceOne Staff
ALLEGHENY COUNTY, Pa. — A man who had served probation for selling drugs died after apparently choking to death on a bag of marijuana.
Curtis D. Patterson, 40, was found in his vehicle early Sunday, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Allegheny County police Lt. Andy Schurman said his windpipe was blocked with marijuana and a plastic bag that had contained the drug.
Police pulled Patterson over a few hours earlier, sources said, but he fled — striking concrete as he tried to turn onto a bridge at one point during the chase, which cops called off when it appeared to become dangerous.
Patterson was pronounced dead at Allegheny Valley Hospital.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms